Friday, 3 February 2017

OPAM and I have a finish!


“Starting something can be easy, it is finishing it that is the highest hurdle.” 
 Isabella Poretsis


Oh Happy Day! 

Kris at TagalongTeddies has opened up OPAM 2017 for sign ups and I have a finish for January! In fact, as I can include my sunroom curtains, I have 2 finishes! ...Or 6 if I can count each curtain individually! Hmmmm

And neither project was on my list - is it too late to add them so I can cross them off?

Finish One was a Boro coaster workshop started at the Brisbane quilt show in October...2015. I didn't need coasters but I did need a small bag so stitched madly away in one piece to make the front... then archived it. It returned to memory when Fiona mentioned her (still at that point to be finished) set so out it came from the bottom of Mt UFO. 
Add some extra fabric, clips, vintage button and a charm and

Ta Da!

 


Don't you love those gorgeous textured Japanese fabrics!

Finish Two began life as Ikea bedspreads. 
With lining and tape and rings, the result is a second

Ta Da!





Twenty two or three feet of verandah windows now screened from the blazing morning sun. Just in time for this melting weather.

From the WISP pile, my Splendid Sampler 'Splendidly Scarlet'  plods along getting scarily close to the end.


so it was safe to start using up fabric to border each block ready for sashing. Oh why didn't I take advantage of those multitude of Spotlight sales in the last few months! Maybe next week I'll be lucky.
(does anyone else hate paying full price for homespun at Spotlight?)



With all this sewing going on, our furry baby cosily slept on the ironing towel on the desk alongside, just below the design wall - where, in an unexpected breeze, a Splendid Sampler block floated down to protect him from any draughts... 

He's such a darling

Christine 
xx




5 comments:

  1. Great start with the finishes for this year. I love how the curtains turned out and the bag is just great. your stitching is neat as ever. Personally I don't like paying anything at Spotlight let alone full price... haha..... Little Kip has taken over sewing well...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,wow what a lot of beautiful finishes,you sure have been busy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bag. The curtains look fabulous. Aww your furbaby looks so cute sleeping away with his SS cover. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little bag, Christine. Well done on crossing some WISPs off your list. And you can absolutely add unplanned projects to your list once they're finished so you can cross them off! :0) Looking forward to having you play along with Sweet Peg and I again this year for OPAM. Bear Hugs! KRIS xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your thatched cottage in the curtain pic! :0) KRIS xx

    ReplyDelete