Thursday, 30 March 2017

Fit to Flatter and OPAM tallies

'Never were such ruffles, or such embroidered cuffs and lappets!'
The Tailor of Gloucester - Beatrix Potter

What a week of sewing and none of it in my revamped sewing room! Jerome Janome and I headed off for a weekend together (days only) to a beautiful set of cottages in the peaceful bush where we did Lindsey Marsh's 'Fit to Flatter' workshop and sewed made to fit clothing! 
Such fun! 

Lindsay takes you through adjusting patterns to fit your body type and using a french curve to practising a pattern with a 'muslin' for fit and the final 'ta da'. A few of the women sewing together were the 'same size' by commercial sizing but such different shapes and all so uniquely and wonderfully feminine.



Instagram photo from the Quilters Angel who organised this wonderful weekend and made up our kits.
Thank you Lindsey and Steph at the Quilters Angel. Not a detail in this fantastic weekend was missed; kits, amazing food (I wasn't sure the dress would fit at the end of the weekend from the measurements taken at the beginning!), location, camaraderie and an overload of patience. 


My completed outfits were a Sweet Summertime dress and a Bondi Top (in washing) and because I bought extra fabric, not trusting Lindsey's generous allowances I have over 2 meters left- what on earth will I do with beautiful patchwork fabric!! 


Last month I sewed like crazy on a UFO cushion (from about 9 years ago) to post for OPAM ...then picked up a snuffle and forgot so another finish for the count. 


Tuesday sewing was back on track and my Red Rainbow Scrap Challenge houses are done - in by the skin of my teeth. The UFO basket is still being worked through and I'm enjoying some hand quilting as we stay inside avoiding the current weather.


Stay safe all Queenslanders being affected by Cyclone Debbie.

Christine 
xx




      

7 comments:

  1. Hi Christine wow what a wonderful weekend you had,i love your dress and cushions,you always do such beautiful work my friend,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun and productive workshop! Inove your little red houses, but especially those two pillows of old linens and lace. I used to do crazy quilting and also made pillows and other things incorporating lace (which I used to sell on Etsy) and vintage linens. I love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dress is lovely... you should make more and I love your cushions..... keep stitchin'....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been having some fun (including playing in your RED scraps!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is lovely! Makes me want to sew garments again! I love the soft romantic cushions,and your red houses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful learning Christine - & I do love the way your styled your dress in the window for the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great workshop. I just love your pretty cushions. Sweet little red houses are just wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete